Infrared Obstacle Sensor Module
IR Sensor Module has builtin IR transmitter and IR receiver that sends out infrared light and looks for reflected infrared light to detect the presence of any obstacle in front of the sensor module.
It is used to find obstacles and short & medium-range communication.
There is onboard a potentiometer to adjust the detection range. There is an Obstacle Detection LED indicator on the module board.
IR sensor transmits digital data( logical 1 and 0) in the form of infrared light. When the sensor gets logical 1 means LED ON and logical 0 means LED OFF.
The sensor has a very good and stable response even in ambient light or in complete darkness.
|Board Size||3.2 x 1.4cm|
|Working voltage||3.3 to 5V DC|
|Operating voltage||3.3V : ~23 mA, to 5V : ~43 mA|
|Detection range||2cm – 30cm (Adjustable using potentiometer)|
|Active output level||Outputs Low logic level when obstacle is detected|
On board Obstacle Detection LED indicator
|Pin, Control Indicator||Description|
|Vcc||3.3 to 5 Vdc Supply Input|
|Out||Output that goes low when obstacle is in range|
|Power LED||Illuminates when power is applied|
|Obstacle LED||Illuminates when obstacle is detected|
|IR Emitter||Infrared emitter LED|
|IR Receiver||Infrared receiver that receives signal transmitted by Infrared emitter.|
--> Vcc to 5V
--> Gnd to Gnd
--> Out to digital pin 7 (any digital pin)
- For transmitting IR LED of wavelength 940 nm to 950 nm are commonly used.
- This IR LED transmits the data from on end and at other end their is a IR receiver to receive the data.
- At the receiver end, the IR receiver receives data at 38kHz of the carrier frequency.
- Mainly, TSOP Receiver is used to receive data which support various transmitted code.
- The data rate of TSOP1738 is up to 2400 bps.